Leg of Lamb
Original kaboose.com recipe, developed by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
Leg of lamb is perfect for a crowd. This recipe slathers the lamb with mustard, which becomes crunchy when baked, and is studded with garlic. Makes for a wonderful Easter dinner.
- 1 7-to-8 pound bone-in leg of lamb
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Make slits in various parts of the lamb and insert the slivered garlic. Coat the leg with mustard.
- Roast about 1 hour 20 minutes, for medium-rare (125 degrees F. to 130 degrees F.) Let rest 20 minutes before carving.
- A boned and rolled leg of lamb may be substituted for the bone-in leg. A 4½ pound leg will take about about 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Any mustard can be used. A grainy country-style mustard works well.
Servings per Recipe:
About 5 minutes
About 1 hour 20 minutes
About 1 hour 45 minutes