Layered Pizza Dip
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Rosemary Black
Average User Rating:
If you’re looking for a make-ahead crowd pleaser, this colorful platter fits the bill perfectly. It’s got everyone’s favorite pizza flavors -- pepperoni, zesty tomato sauce and melted cheese. You can prepare it in advance and just pop it into the oven when guests arrive; it’s piping hot and ready in just 10 minutes.
- 1 (8-ounce) container soft cream cheese flavored with chives
- 1/2 cup chunky pizza sauce
- 1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Assorted crackers and bagel chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9-inch glass pie pan, spread out the cream cheese. Spread the pizza sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with the chopped bell pepper and the pepperoni. Top with the grated mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Bake the dip for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is thoroughly melted and the dip is bubbling and hot.
- Serve with the crackers or bagel chips of your choice.
- Besides crackers, this dip goes very well with toasted rounds of Italian bread or with plain tortilla chips.
- Feel free to use pasta sauce instead of pizza sauce in this dip. For a little extra kick, add a dash of dried oregano to the sauce.
- For a vegetarian dish, omit the pepperoni and add extra vegetables, such as chopped red bell pepper or sliced mushrooms.
- You can layer all the ingredients into a baking dish a day ahead of when you plan to serve this, and refrigerate it, covered. About an hour before you plan to serve it, remove the dip from the refrigerator. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350°F oven for about 20 minutes, or until bubbling hot.
Ready In: 40 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
- Save yourself time by buying the mozzarella and Cheddar cheese already grated.
How kids can help
- Kids can help by measuring the ingredients, spreading the cream cheese in the pan, and sprinkling on the topping ingredients.