Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Christmas Trees
Average User Rating:
Oh, Christmas tree! Have your kids make a few of these when the crafting bug hits. All you need are a few staple ingredients (such as margarine, marshmallows, Kellogg's™ Rice Krispies™ cereal, frosting and cinnamon candies) to create a festive treat they’ll love.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal or
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies™ cereal
- Prepared green frosting
- Red cinnamon candies
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S™ RICE KRISPIES™ cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly in 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using 4-inch tree cookie cutter, cut into tree shapes. Decorate as desired with frosting and red cinnamon candies. Best if served the same day.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallow at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
- Microwave cooking times may vary.
®, TM, © 2007 Kellogg NA Co.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days in airtight container.