Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich Wrap
Original Kaboose.com recipe by Stella Zedman
Photography by Lucy Schaeffer
Average User Rating:
Looking to break out of your sandwich rut? This yummy tortilla wrap, stuffed with leftover roast turkey or sliced deli turkey, tomato, spinach, provolone, and Parmesan cheese, makes a tasty alternative for your brown bag lunch.
- 1 large (10-inch/25-cm) flour tortilla, regular or flavored
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. (57 g) leftover roast turkey or sliced deli turkey
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) baby spinach leaves
- 1 oz. (28 g) sliced Provolone, Swiss, or Cheddar cheese
- 2 thin slices tomato
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Spread over tortilla to within 1/2 inch (1 cm) of the edges. Top with turkey, red onion, spinach, sliced cheese and tomato slices, layered in the order listed in a row along the center one-third of the tortilla. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll the tortilla up tightly to enclose the filling, then cut in half crosswise. Eat immediately or wrap both halves in plastic wrap and pack in a lunch bag.
How kids can help
Mix together the mayonnaise and cheese mixture and spread on tortilla.
Layer filling ingredients and roll up tortilla (with some adult help).