Hot Fudge Brownie Pie
by Stella Zedman
Average User Rating:
Having unexpected company at a moment's notice? This easy and irresistibly decadent dessert can be whipped up in no time. Serve it warm with ice cream, whipped cream, berries or chocolate sauce and wow your guests.
- 3 squares (1 oz/28 g each) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) pie pan.
- In a medium saucepan melt the chocolate with the butter over very low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove pan from heat and add the sugar, flour, vanilla and salt - beat with an electric mixer or whisk until blended. Now add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pie pan, and bake at for 25 to 30 minutes, until just set in the middle, but not dry. The center should remain a little moist -- it will firm up as it cools.
- Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream, berries, chocolate sauce -- I could go on and on. Go ahead and be crazy -- we won't tell anyone.
How kids can help
Older kids (10 and up) can melt the chocolate (with adult supervision).
Younger children can add dry ingredients and eggs and mix batter with a whisk.