Homemade Herbed Chicken Noodle Soup
Originally submitted by Steve Grooms and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Fresh herbs like rosemary, tarragon, thyme and parsley and a garden variety of veggies come together for one of the most delicious chicken noodle soups. This recipe uses low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth for a light, nutritious lunch.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 6 carrot, diced
- 3/4 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3/4 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 tablespoon chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 4 quarts low-fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 3-1/2 cups cubed skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in oil until translucent. Stir in celery, carrot, rosemary, tarragon, thyme and parsley and cook, covered, until vegetables are soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a large pot and pour in chicken broth. Simmer over low heat, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in chicken breast pieces and egg noodles and simmer, covered, 30 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
Servings per Recipe: 12
- calories: 278cal
- total fat: 5.7g
- cholesterol: 69mg
- sodium: 681mg
- carbohydrates: 30.3g
- fiber: 2.6g
- protein: 24.2g
Cooking Time: 60 min.
Ready In: 80 min.
Try it With:
Cheese and Crab Muffin Melts