Hoisin Marinated BBQ Chicken
Average User Rating:
The best reader-submitted chicken recipe from the Kaboose Barbeque Recipes Contest. An easy-to-make meal, taste-tested by kids.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup beer or brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain whole-milk yogurt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
- Combine all ingredients, except the chicken breasts, in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine until smooth and creamy. Reserve ½ cup of the marinade.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold running water and dry on paper towels. Place the chicken in a glass bowl and pour the remaining marinade over it. Spread to coat the meat evenly on all sides. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grate.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill, baste with the reserved marinade, and cook for 5 minutes without moving them. Turn on the other side, baste with the reserved marinade and grill for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove from the grill and let the breasts rest loosely covered for 5 minutes. Slice and serve immediately.
Serve with: Basmati rice and peas, sliced cucumbers and shredded fresh mint tossed in a yogurt-lemon dressing.