Hidden Treasure Cookies
by Alecia Dixon
Average User Rating:
Kids will love the fact that buried inside each Hidden Treasure Cookie is a special surprise. Use an assortment of sweet treasures making each cookie its own unique present.
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Small candies (small gumdrops, jelly beans, candy-coated chocolate and peanut butter pieces
- Brightly colored sugar or small multicolor decorative candies
- Beat margarine or butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and baking powder and beat till combined.
- Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, and almond extract, if desired, until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer on medium speed, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Do not chill dough.
- Shape a rounded teaspoon of dough around a small candy.
- Roll in colored sugar or decorative candies.
- Place cookies 2" apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till edges are firm but not brown.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.