Herb and Garlic Whipped Potatoes
by Stella Zedman
Average User Rating:
An instant smash hit, these mouthwatering mashed potatoes, flavored with creamy herb and garlic cheese, are a simple side that will take center stage at your holiday table.
- 4 cups (1 L) peeled and cubed potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk, heated almost to a simmer
- 1 pkg. (150 g) herb and garlic soft cheese (like Rondele or Bousin)
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- Place cubed potatoes in a steamer basket over boiling water and steam until perfectly tender when poked with a fork, about 15 to 20 minutes. (You can boil the potatoes in water to cover, using whichever method you prefer.)
- When the potatoes are soft, drain thoroughly and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add about half of the hot milk, the herb and garlic cheese and salt. With an electric mixer, beat the potatoes until smooth and fluffy, adding as much of the additional milk as needed to make the mashed potatoes perfectly creamy.
How kids can help
Peel and cut up potatoes.
Add cheese and milk to the potatoes while adult uses electric mixer.
Serve it With: