Green Monster Cupcakes
By Annabel Karmel
Average User Rating:
Your children can enjoy creating each little monster's face with sweets. Will they be sweet or scary? Let your child decide.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- One 16 oz. tub vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- Marshmallows (regular and mini)
- Strawberry licorice laces
- Licorice allsorts
- Gummy rings
- Candy-coated chocolate
- Sour tape
- Red and black writing icing
- Prehead the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put all the cupcake ingredients in a bowl and beat them together until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and fill each halfway with the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the muffins have risen, are golden in color, and spring back into shape when pressed with your finger. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Color the vanilla frosting using the food coloring.
- Spread the icing over the top of the cupcakes and decorate them with sweets.
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Related Halloween Recipes:
- Haunted House of Cupcakes
- Scary BooBerry Cupcakes
- Creepy Crawly Nightcrawlers
- More Halloween Recipes
- Halloween Tricks & Treats
This content originally appeared in the Complete Party Planner: Over 120 Delicious Recipes and Party Ideas for Every Occasion by Annabel Karmel (Atria Books, 2006) and the Annabel Karmel Family Cookbook (Dennis Publishing, Winter & Christmas 2008 edition).
To learn more about bestselling cookbook author Annabel Karmel, click here.