Grilled Pineapple Spears
By Jennifer Low
Average User Rating:
Barbecuing pineapple makes it even sweeter than fresh. Sticking the fruit on wooden skewers makes them easy to turn on the grill and handy for eating without utensils.
- 1 peeled and cored pineapple
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) caramel sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- Slice the pineapple into 10 spears by cutting down the length of the fruit.
- Slide each spear onto a wooden skewer, pushing the stick halfway into the piece of fruit.
- Grill on a low-flame. Place fruit at the front edge of the barbecue so the skewers are off the grill.
- Grill about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer pineapple to serving plates.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with flaked coconut, if using.
- Grilled Pineapple Salad
- Ham and Pineapple Kabobs
- Mushroom Kabobs
- Barbecued Potatoes with Green Onions
- Grilled Fruit, Veggie & Salad Recipes
- Easy Dinner, Side & Veggie Recipes