Greek Pasta Salad
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Christina Stanley-Salerno
Average User Rating:
Greek pasta salad is perfect picnic fare. No mayo means a lighter meal that won't spoil in the blazing sun.
- 1 pound pasta (any short cut style)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large tomato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 up black olives
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add in pasta and toss to coat. Stir in tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, mint, olives and feta. Toss gently to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up 2 days.
Tips & Tricks
Toss in some chopped dried sausage for the meat lovers in the family.