Graham Cracker Turkey Cookies
Average User Rating:
These tasty turkeys, made with the naturally sweet goodness of graham and whole wheat flours, cinnamon, vanilla, apple and banana, will be gobbled up at the Thanksgiving table. Your kids will love cutting out the cookies and decorating them.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup graham flour *
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Turkey-shaped cookie cutter
* Graham flour is a kind of flour, just like the more common wheat flour. If you can't find it in your supermarket, try calling health food stores.
- Combine apple juice, oil, banana, vanilla, and cinnamon in a blender.
- In a large bowl, mix together graham flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add apple juice mixture to flour mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out with turkey shaped cookie cutter.
- Use a fork to poke holes for eyes and feathers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for eight minutes.
Tips & Tricks
Note: As in all recipes, results can vary depending on humidity, conditions, etc. Please try any recipe out before attempting in a group setting.