Gourmet Chicken Sandwich
Originally submitted by Lisa Clarke and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
This satisfying bistro-style sandwich will take you out of a lunch rut. It combines seasoned chicken with sweet Dijon mustard and rosemary on herbed foccacia. The chicken and spread can be prepared in advance.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 slices garlic and rosemary focaccia bread
- Sprinkle pepper on one side of each chicken cutlet. Heat oil in a large skillet; brown garlic in oil, then add chicken, pepper-side-down. Saute chicken until cooked through and juices run clear, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard and rosemary. Mix together and spread mixture on 4 slices focaccia bread. Place 1 chicken cutlet on each of these slices, then top each with another bread slice.
Servings per Recipe: 4
- calories: 523cal
- total fat: 15.9g
- cholesterol: 71mg
- sodium: 827mg
- carbohydrates: 57.7g
- fiber: 3.1g
- protein: 34.8g
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Ready In: 25 min.