Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
To get the full flavor of pears, make sure they are perfectly ripe before making the sorbet. They will yield to gentle pressure and have a glorious pear aroma.
- 5 pears (about 2 pounds), peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 11/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- In a medium pot boil water and sugar over medium high heat about 8 minutes, or until reduced to 3/4 cup. Cool.
- In a food processor fitted with steel blade, pulse pears and ginger until smooth, scraping down side as needed.
- Add cooled syrup to pear mixture and process until smooth.
- Freeze at least 6 hours. In a food processor fitted with steel blade, pulse frozen mixture smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- This can be made up to a week ahead.
Make it Faster
- Put pear mixture in large shallow metal pan, such as sided cookie sheet and it will freeze in as little as 1 hour.
Tips & Tricks
If you purchase large slices of crystallized ginger they can be cut into shapes to decorate the sorbet.
6 hours 25 minutes
Chilling Time: 6 hours
Baking Time: Approximately 8 minutes
Try it With:
Black Bean Lasagna
Cranberry Orange Sauce
Roasted Root Vegetables
Lemon Bread Pudding
Brined Roast Turkey
Pumpkin-Spice Cake with Browned Butter Glaze
Roasted Balsamic-Splash Brussel Sprouts
Pumpkin-Spiced Apple Butter
Maple-Glazed Turkey and Gravy