Fourth of July Jigglers
Original Kaboose.com recipe, plus additional food styling and photography by Christine Porretta and Brittany Carr
Average User Rating:
Decked out in patriotic red, white and blue, these glorious gelatin desserts are a sweet salute to the good old U.S. of A at your next Fourth of July celebration.
- Two packages (4 serving size) or one package (8 serving size) any flavor red gelatin (e.g., JELL-O)
- Two packages (4 serving size) or one package (8 serving size) blue gelatin (e.g., JELL-O)
- Whipped topping (e.g., Cool Whip)
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Rubber scraper or large spoon
- Table knife
- Two 9x9-inch pans (or you can do it in one pan, one flavor at a time)
- Clear plastic cups (4 to 6 ounce size)
- Star-shaped cookie cutters
- Large tray
- Cherries (optional)
- Pour one flavor of gelatin into the mixing bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups of the boiling water and use the rubber scraper to stir until all of the gelatin has dissolved (about two minutes). Pour the mixture into one of the pans. Repeat with the other gelatin flavor.
- Put the pans into the refrigerator and let the gelatin chill for about three hours.
- Put about an inch of warm water into the sink. Dip just the bottom of the pan (don't let the water come up over the sides) into the water for just a few seconds. (Note: Be careful to not let it sit too long or the gelatin will start to liquify.)
- Wash your hands thoroughly. Use the star-shaped cookie cutters or the table knife to cut shapes. Use your hands to lift out the shapes onto another tray. Repeat with both flavors.
- Place a thin layer of jigglers (blue or red) onto the tray, then add a layer of whipped cream. Alternate the jigglers and the whipped cream until you have a stack of jigglers. Top with a cherry if you would like and enjoy!