Fire Engine Cake
Average User Rating:
This recipe is rated Very Easy to do
Parental supervision is recommended
Fire engine cakes are a favorite with little boys, and this one is no exception. A simple sheet cake is tinted to resemble pavement and green grass, and a fire station play set with rescue vehicles, which can later be played with by the birthday boy, are arranged on top.
- Baked sheet cake
- Vanilla frosting
- Knife or small spatula (for spreading and mixing frosting)
- Food coloring
- Small bowls (for tinting frosting)
- Matchbox fire station fold-up play set or fire engine cake pan
- Matchbox or Hot Wheels Fire and Rescue Vehicles
- Put some frosting in a small bowl and tint with desired color.
- Repeat for additional colors. (We made green grass and black pavement)
- Frost your baked and cooled sheet cake with the tinted frosting.
- Add the fire station (you may wish to put a small piece of wax paper under it).
- Add the vehicles.