Festive Egg Salad with Pita Crisps
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography
Average User Rating:
Egg salad, a perennial favorite, is given a subtle twist with shallots and Dijon mustard and served with flavored pita crisps. It’s an easy appetizer everyone will love.
- 2 7-inch pitas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 6 large eggs, hardboiled and cooled
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chopped shallots
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Heat oven to broil. Slice the pita horizontally into two rounds and brush the insides with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Cut each of the pita rounds into eight triangles. Place triangles brushed side up on cookie sheet and broil three minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a medium bowl mash the eggs with mayonnaise, shallots, mustard, salt, and red pepper to combine.
How kids can help
- Mashing the eggs, brushing the pitas with oil, and sprinkling the pitas with garlic powder, red pepper, and salt.
Related Recipes & Articles:
Quick & Easy Egg Recipes