Electrode Cookie Cake
Average User Rating:
This recipe is rated Average to do
This simple recipe is a fun and easy way to decorate a cookie cake for a Pokémon party. Using store-bought sugar cookie or chocolate chip cookie dough rather than homemade is a quick and convenient shortcut that'll save you time.
- 2 packages of refrigerated cookie dough, sugar cookie or chocolate chip
- Scissors or knife to cut open cookie dough package
- Round large baking stone
- Rolling pin, optional
- Long spatula
- Spatula or spreading tool for icing
- Black decorating gel (see tips)
- White frosting in tub
- Pink frosting in tub
- Red food coloring (liquid)
- Small mixing bowl
- Pizza cutter
- Cut open the cookie dough and let sit at room temperature for a bit to soften.
- Using either your hands or a rolling pin, roll or push out the cookie dough to cover the round baking stone. Leave about an inch all the way around the baking stone or you may have cookie dough spilling onto your oven!
- Bake according to directions on package, adjusting time due to the use of 2 packages of cookie dough.
- While the cookie is baking, tint the pink frosting with the red food coloring to reach the red shade desired.
- After removing the cookie from the oven and place on top of stove. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Loosen the cookie by using the long spatula. This will make it easier to serve.
- Let the cookie cool completely before frosting.
- Refer to the photograph for frosting and decorating the cookie.
- Cut the cookie using a pizza cutter.
- Place slices on plates and serve!