Easy Chicken and Fettucine Alfredo
Originally submitted by Sara and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
A lovely way to use up leftovers, this Italian-inspired pasta and chicken dish drapes tender chicken breast and noodles in a rich, creamy white sauce sprinkled with Parmesan. Add steamed broccoli and sauteed sweet pepper to round out your meal.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons minced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast meat
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain, and set aside.
- In a food processor, place the milk, flour, cottage cheese, garlic powder, onion, salt and pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a saucepan over medium heat. Mix in the chicken, and cook until heated through. Serve hot over pasta.
Servings per Recipe: 4
- calories: 498cal
- total fat: 14.9g
- cholesterol: 79mg
- sodium: 634mg
- carbohydrates: 49.1g
- fiber: 2.1g
- protein: 41.3g
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Ready In: 30 min.
Try it With:
Roasted Balsamic-Splash Brussel Sprouts