Easy Apple-Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Vanessa Bush
Average User Rating:
Golden raisins, apple pie filling and sweetened condensed milk makes this classic a sweet treat. It's a perfectwake up call on Father's Day, or any special occasion. Plus, the ingredients for this recipe don't cost more than $10 -- this is one great cheap eat!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 slices thick-cut cinnamon raisin bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, carrots, raisins, apple pie filling, cinnamon and salt.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and beaten eggs to dry mixture and blend well to coat thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until well-browned on top.
- Remove from oven and serve. Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream if desired.
If your child is sensitive to milk, you can substitute the condensed milk with coconut or almond milk instead.
If you prefer fresh apples to canned, opt for a variety with plenty of juicy goodness like Granny Smith or Jonagold.