Photography by Lucy Schaeffer
Average User Rating:
Little boys and girls love to play in the dirt, and these delicious dessert cups allow them to really enjoy it. Crushed chocolate cookies and instant chocolate pudding create a muddy earth in these cups, while gummy worms and insects wriggle out of them. You can even tuck them into new, foil-lined clay pots, if you like.
- 2 cups of cold milk
- 1 package (4 serving size) instant pudding (chocolate flavor)
- 3-1/2 cups (8 ounce container) whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) chocolate sandwich cookies (crush them into tiny pieces in a plastic bag)
- Gummy worms or insects
- Measuring cup
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wire whisk
- Rubber scraper or large spoon
- Measuring spoons
- 8-10 paper or plastic cups (8 ounce size)
- Pour the milk into the mixing bowl and add the pudding mix. Beat with the wire whisk until well blended (about two minutes). Let pudding stand for five minutes. Stir whippped topping and 1/2 of the crushed cookies into the pudding (very gently) with rubber scraper until mixture is all the same color. Place about 1 tablespoon of the remaining crushed cookies into the bottom of each cup.
- Fill cups about 3/4 full with pudding mixture. Top each cup with the rest of the crushed cookies. Add gummy worms and insects to decorate. Put cups into the refrigerator for about one hour to chill them-- and enjoy!