Photography by Lucy Schaeffer
Average User Rating:
This recipe is rated Very Easy to do
Kids will definitely dig this dinosaur cake at your child's next birthday bash. Simply decorate a sheet cake with miniature dinosaur figurines and volcanos for fun and flavor in Jurassic proportions.
- baked sheet cake
- vanilla frosting
- food coloring
- spatulas or knives (for spreading and mixing)
- small bowls (for mixing frosting colors)
- small dinosaur figures, trees, etc.
- cupcakes, optional (homemade or store-bought for volcanoes)
- Tint frosting with the food coloring in a small bowl as desired.
- Next, use your colored frosting to "paint" green grass, brown dirt, or blue water on the cake to create a landscape.
- Add your dinosaur figures and any trees, volcanoes, or other landscaping to your cake.