Deluxe Taco Soup
Average User Rating:
Your favorite taco fillings are reborn as a savory soup. It's loaded with beef, tomatoes, two kinds of beans, corn and cheese. If you have leftovers from Deluxe Tacos, use them in this recipe (see tip, below).
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15.25 ounce) corn, drained
- 1 can (4.5 ounce) green chilies
- Corn chips
- Sour cream
- Grated Mexican cheese
- In a large pot over medium high heat, heat olive oil until shimmers. Add onion and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until translucent. Stir in beef and taco seasoning and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until cooked through; drain off any fat.
- Return pot to stove; add tomatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans, corn, green chilies and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes until ingredients are heated through.
- Divide soup among bowls and serve with corn chips, sour cream and cheese.
Use any canned beans you desire.
Make it Faster
If you are using leftover seasoned beef from tacos, then do not use olive oil, onion, or diced tomatoes.
Tips & Tricks
If you made Deluxe Tacos and have 3/4 cup of the beef mixture leftover use it to make this flavorful soup even faster. You can skip step 1. Just add the leftover beef to the mixture in step 2.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
4 (1-1/2-cup servings)