Crusted Salmon with Mustard
Original kaboose.com recipe, developed by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
Salmon fillets with a hint of mustard and encrusted in a crunchy bread topping only take 15 minutes to make.
- 4 4-to-6 ounce salmon fillets
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 slice bread
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Divide mustard between the tops of the fillets. Spread mustard evenly over fillets.
- Process bread in a mini food processor until crumbs. Sprinkle a generous 2 tablespoons evenly over each fillet, gently patting them on.
- Roast about 7 minutes, or until fish just flakes.
- Turn on broiler and broil fish about 6-inches from heating source until crumbs are just toasted.
- Three tablespoons dried bread crumbs can be used in place of the fresh bread crumbs.
- Any mustard can be used, not just Dijon.
Servings per Recipe:
1 5-ounce salmon fillet
Try it With:
Green Beans with Bacon and Onions