Originally submitted by Sarah Zeiger and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
These crispy golden chicken wings, battered in a crunchy corn flake mix, are deep-fried delicious, just the way we like them. Serve them warm along with crunchy vegetable crudites and a variety of cool dips.
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 8 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups crushed cornflake crumbs
- 24 chicken wings
- 1/2 carrot, cut into thick strips
- Preheat oil in a large, deep skillet or deep fryer. In a shallow dish or bowl mix together 3/4 cup flour with 2 tablespoons garlic powder; in a second shallow dish or bowl combine eggs and 4 tablespoons garlic powder and mix together. In a third shallow dish or bowl mix together cornflake crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup flour and remaining 2 tablespoons garlic powder.
- Dip each wing in the flour mixture, crumb mixture, egg mixture then back in the crumb mixture. Drop carrot into hot oil; when it starts to fry, drop in the wings. Fry about 10 minutes, or until cooked through - they'll be a deep golden color.
Servings per Recipe: 12
- calories: 323cal
- total fat: 15.4g
- cholesterol: 126mg
- sodium: 223mg
- carbohydrates: 32.2g
- fiber: 0.9g
- protein: 13.7g
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Ready In: 30 min.