Crispy Chicken Fingers
Originally submitted by William 'Uncle Bill' Anatooskin and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Crisp on the outside, juicy on the inside, these chicken fingers are breaded in a tangy, dilled buttermilk-Parmesan batter for a boost of flavor. Serve with veggie strips and assorted dips for a kid-approved supper.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Remove all fat from chicken breasts and cut into 1 inch by 4 inch strips. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. In a plastic resealable bag mix together the bread crumbs, grated cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and dill weed.
- Dip each chicken strips into buttermilk mixture, then into bread crumb mixture (about 4 strips at a time), and toss to coat well. Place strips in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish and drizzle with melted butter. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning once after about 8 minutes of baking time. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Servings per Recipe: 8
- calories: 317cal
- total fat: 12.8g
- cholesterol: 143mg
- sodium: 505mg
- carbohydrates: 15.9g
- fiber: 0.6g
- protein: 32.6g
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Ready In: 25 min.
Try it With:
Creamy Vegetable Medley