Creamy Tomato Pasta
Originally submitted by April and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Perfect for busy moms, this quick and delicious dish tosses together tender penne noodles in a saucy blend of pork, pepper and onion for a creamy pasta platter that's ready in minutes.
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 large white onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until soft, about 5 minutes. Add ground pork, and cook until evenly brown. Drain excess fat.
- In a large pot, heat spaghetti sauce until bubbling. Stir in pork mixture, pasta and sour cream. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Servings per Recipe: 4
- calories: 881cal
- total fat: 39g
- cholesterol: 114mg
- sodium: 614mg
- carbohydrates: 95.3g
- fiber: 6.1g
- protein: 38.8g
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Ready In: 30 min.
Serve it With:
Bacon and Cheese Bread