Original kaboose.com recipe, developed by Wendy Kalen
Average User Rating:
Creamed spinach has never tasted so delicious. It's neary decadent.
- 1½ sticks (12 tablespoons) butter
- 2 cloves (2 teaspoons) garlic, minced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half & half
- 3-9 ounce packages fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In large skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes, or until it just begins to color and you begin to smell the aroma.
- Whisk in flour and stir about 3 minutes until it just beings to color. Slowly whisk in half & half. Stirring occasionally, bring to a boil, turn down to medium low and simmer 5 minutes until thickened.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until wilted and well mixed.
Servings per Recipe: 12