Cream Cheese Chocolate Cupcakes
Originally submitted by Star Pooley and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Wow friends and family with these decadent chocolate cupcakes. They're fast to make and fabulous, and you can indulge your sweet tooth without spending a day in the kitchen.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients needed to prepare mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), or to the temperature recommended on the cake mix package.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package directions, but do not bake. In separate bowl cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Line cupcake tins with cupcake papers. Fill 2/3 full with chocolate cake batter. Add 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture to the center, and top with more cake batter.
- Bake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool and frost with chocolate or cream cheese frosting.
Servings per Recipe: 12
- calories: 355cal
- total fat: 17.8g
- cholesterol: 38mg
- sodium: 418mg
- carbohydrates: 49.2g
- fiber: 1.9g
- protein: 5.1g