Originally submitted by Debbie Thomas and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Lovely citrus lends flavor to tart cranberries in this refreshing sorbet that can be served up for dessert, as a palate cleanser between meals or to liven up turkey in place of cranberry sauce.
- 2 (12 ounce) packages fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- In a large pot, add cranberries and enough water to cover. Boil until cranberries begin to pop. Drain and put through a food mill placed over a large bowl.
- While still warm add sugar to dissolve in the warm berries. The amount of sugar may vary depending on the tartness of the berries, so if you decide to add more sugar remember that the mixture will be tarter when it has been frozen.
- After dissolving the sugar in the berries, stir in orange juice and lemon juice. Pour in 8 or 9 inch square pan and freeze overnight. Take out of the freezer 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Servings per Recipe: 12
- calories: 173cal
- total fat: 0.2g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- sodium: 1mg
- carbohydrates: 44.8g
- fiber: 2.5g
- protein: 0.5g