Classic Pot Roast
Originally submitted by J.Stewart and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Slowly simmered and richly flavored, this perfect pot roast makes for a mouth-watering Sunday dinner. Be sure to have plenty of mashed potatoes ready to soak up its rich juices.
- 2-1/2 pounds shoulder or sirloin tip round roast
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices then separated into rings
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place meat in pot with fat side up. Pour tomato sauce over roast. Place onion rings over all. Toss in bay leaves. Cover and cook 1 hour on high.
- After 1 hour reduce heat to low and cook 6 to 8 more hours. Carefully lift meat out of pot and remove to a warm platter.
- Pour drippings through strainer into medium sized saucepan and discard material in strainer. Whisk in flour to liquid. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper, serve alongside roast.
Servings per Recipe: 5
- calories: 557cal
- total fat: 36.7g
- cholesterol: 150mg
- sodium: 638mg
- carbohydrates: 11.6g
- fiber: 1.7g
- protein: 45.3g
Ready In: 7 hours 10 min.
Try it With: