Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Originally submitted by Stephanie Collins and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Chicken, cheese and broccoli make a winning combination in this savory puff pastry pie that turns supper into a celebration.
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 head fresh broccoli, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepared pastry for a 9-inch double crust pie (homemade or purchased)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Steam carrots and broccoli in a covered pot for 3 minutes, until slightly tender but still firm.
- In a large bowl, mix together carrots, broccoli, chicken, soup, milk, cheese, and salt. Spoon mixture into pastry-lined 9-inch pie pan and cover with top crust. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 593cal
- total fat: 35.3g
- cholesterol: 81mg
- sodium: 1098mg
- carbohydrates: 36.3g
- fiber: 4.1g
- protein: 32.3g
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Ready In: 40 min.
Try it With: