Cinnamon Tortilla Chips with Fruit Salsa
Originally submitted by Crissy K and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
These cinnamon-scented tortilla triangles are best served warm, dressed with a fragrant fruity salsa of apples, bananas, berries and kiwis. They're a tasty twist on traditional chips and salsa that are sure to delight kids of all ages.
- 1 Fuji apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, mix together Fuji apple, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, lime juice, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Slice flour tortillas into triangles. Carefully place tortilla triangles into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Place 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a large ziplock plastic bag. Drop fried tortilla triangles into the bag and shake to coat.
- Serve the cinnamon chips warm with the chilled fruit salsa.
Servings per Recipe: 32
- calories: 72cal
- total fat: 1.8g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- sodium: 65mg
- carbohydrates: 13.2g
- fiber: 1.2g
- protein: 1.4g
Cooking Time: 5 min.
Ready In: 60 min.