Cinnamon and Lime Chicken Fajitas
Originally submitted by Alyssa Works and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Kids will cheer at the mention of make-your-own Mexican fajitas for dinner. This delicious dish tosses together roasted potatoes and shredded chicken with citrus and cinnamon flavors for a family-pleasing supper.
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 lime, juiced
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place potatoes in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with about half the oil, and season with salt. Bake 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a separate baking dish, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Cool and shred.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute onion and garlic until tender. Mix in shredded chicken, jalapeno, and lime juice. Cook until heated through.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes in warmed tortillas.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 399cal
- total fat: 12.6g
- cholesterol: 45mg
- sodium: 1296mg
- carbohydrates: 50.9g
- fiber: 7.1g
- protein: 22.3g
Cooking Time: 40 min.
Ready In: 55 min.
Try it With:
Salsa Cream Cheese Dip
Related Recipes & Articles:
More Mexican Recipes
Quick & Easy Side Dish Ideas
Eat Well, Live Well -- Feel-Good Foods