Chocolate Chip and Coconut Cookies
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Vanessa Bush
Average User Rating:
On Father’s Day, bake up a batch of Dad’s favorite cookies. Power up the traditional chocolate chip with a taste of the islands: sweetened coconut flakes. Plus, the ingredients for this recipe don't cost more than $10 -- this is one great cheap eat!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup unbleached white all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a wooden spoon, mix together butter, brown and white sugars until sugars are completely blended.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, until flour is completely blended. Add chocolate chips and coconut and mix well.
- Using two teaspoons, drop cookies onto baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
How kids can help
Your junior bakers will love helping out, so share the cooking duties by letting them add the flour and chocolate chips.