Chocolate and Peanut Butter Marble Cake
Originally submitted by Jan Taylor and modified by Kaboose.com
From our provider:
Average User Rating:
This delightful duo of peanut butter and chocolate makes a delectable dessert, perfect for any age and occasion.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). With a non-stick cooking spray, coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Dust with flour and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cocoa, powdered sugar, butter and 2 tablespoons hot water until smooth and set aside.
- In microwavable bowl, place peanut butter chips and shortening. Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until chips are melted and smooth when stirred.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, brown sugar, 1-1/4 cups water, eggs and reserved melted peanut butter mixture; beat on low speed of electric mixer until moistened. Increase speed to medium, beat 2 minutes until smooth. Remove 1-1/2 cups of the batter and add it to the reserved cocoa mixture; blend well.
- Pour the peanut butter flavored batter into the prepared pan. Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter on top. Swirl with a knife or spatula for a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degree F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and frost as desired.
Servings per Recipe: 14
Amount Per Serving
- calories: 327cal
- total fat: 13g
- cholesterol: 50mg
- sodium: 316mg
- carbohydrates: 46.7g
- fiber: 1.6g
- protein: 7.1g