Originally submitted by Dianne VanHuss and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
This sweet saute of bell peppers and onions heats things up with canned chili, beans and corn for a sassy sauce for pasta that mingles Mexican and Italian flavors.
- 4 ounces macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook macaroni past until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt the butter or margarine and add chopped green bell pepper and chopped onion. Cook vegetables until tender. Add chili beans, corn, salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in cooked and drained macaroni. Cover and cook on low 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Servings per Recipe: 4
- calories: 316cal
- total fat: 9.8g
- cholesterol: 26mg
- sodium: 1293mg
- carbohydrates: 49.4g
- fiber: 7.7g
- protein: 11.9g