Chicken Salad with Peaches and Walnuts
Originally submitted by Barrett and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
A wonderful way to liven up leftover chicken, this summer salad showcases fresh peaches in a tangy poppyseed dressing tossed over greens, but you may want to use nectarines, melon, berries or whatever fruit is in season. For this salad use whatever fruit is fresh and ripe. If peaches are not in season, try using melons or oranges. Nectarines are also delicious in this recipe.
- 2 large fresh peaches
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup poppyseed salad dressing
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Chop 1 peach into 1/2 inch pieces; place in large bowl. Add chicken and onion; toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Add greens and walnuts to bowl and toss to coat. Mound salad on large plate. Cut remaining peach in thin wedges and place on top to garnish.
Servings per Recipe: 4
- calories: 417cal
- total fat: 25.7g
- cholesterol: 63mg
- sodium: 270mg
- carbohydrates: 23g
- fiber: 4.6g
- protein: 23.3g
Ready In: 15 min.