Originally submitted by Heather and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
As a tasty appetizer or a delicious dinner, these quesadillas are simply delicious. The fajita chicken and colorful peppers blend beautifully with bacon bits and melted cheeses, and they still taste wonderful once reheated.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (1.27 ounce) packet fajita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and prepare with the fajita seasoning mix. Broil 5 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix in the seasoned chicken, green bell peppers, red bell peppers and onion. Slowly cook and stir 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Layer 1/2 of each tortilla with Cheddar cheese, chicken mixture and desired amount of bacon bits. Top with Monterey Jack. Fold the tortillas.
- Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Servings per Recipe: 20
- calories: 250cal
- total fat: 10.7g
- cholesterol: 35mg
- sodium: 445mg
- carbohydrates: 23.4g
- fiber: 1.7g
- protein: 14.3g
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Ready In: 45 min.
Try it With:
Corn Chip Salad