Originally submitted by Megami and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Chicken Nuggets are a favorite finger food, especially paired with a tasty assortment of dips and sauces. The sesame seed batter in our version adds a healthy new twist to these finger-lickin' favorites.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups corn oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1x1x1/2-inch pieces.
- Fill a deep fryer with corn oil, no more than 1/3 full. Heat to medium heat.
- Place egg and water in a small bowl and mix well. Add the flour, sesame seeds and salt, stirring until a smooth batter is formed.
- Dip chicken pieces in batter and drain off any excess. Add battered chicken, a few pieces at a time, to the hot oil. Fry about 4 minutes or until golden brown and done (remove chicken from oil to test). Drain on paper towels.
Servings per Recipe: 4
- calories: 1178cal
- total fat: 114.5g
- cholesterol: 122mg
- sodium: 966mg
- carbohydrates: 8.9g
- fiber: 0.7g
- protein: 30.5g
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Ready In: 30 min.