Chicken Meatball Soup
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Vanessa Bush
Average User Rating:
Ground chicken, widely available at many supermarkets now, offers a tasty alternative to those who want to cut down on their red meat intake. And the cannellini beans are full of protein, another plus.
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 oz. dried mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 can cannelli beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine first eight ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer on low.
- To make meatballs: Combine ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, and seasoning in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly by hand. Form mixture into mini-meatballs. Warm oil in skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add meatballs to stock pot. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Ready In: 30 minutes