Chicken Cutlets with Plum Sauce
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography
Average User Rating:
This jazzed-up plum sauce is a family-pleasing all-purpose mixture. Not only can it be used as a glaze for chicken and pork, but it also makes a good dipping sauce. If you have leftovers, use them in Pinwheel Chicken Sandwiches with Plum Dipping Sauce (see tip, below).
- 1 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 slices soft sandwich bread, crust removed if desired
- 4 teaspoons almond butter
- 1 small head butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- Place rack about 5-inches from heating element. Heat broiler.
- In large resealable plastic bag mix plum sauce, honey, soy sauce garlic, and orange peel to combine. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce. Add cutlets and gently mix to coat chicken
- On a sided cookie sheets covered with aluminum foil lay out half the chicken. Broil 5 inches from heat about 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove cooked chicken to serving plate and broil second batch.
You can make the sauce and keep it in the fridge up to 1 month.
Tips & Tricks
If you have a serving, or about 1/2 pound, leftover, make Pinwheel Chicken Sandwiches with Plum Dipping Sauce.
About 12 minutes
About 15 minutes
How kids can help
They can mix the sauce.