Chicken and Bacon Kabobs
Originally submitted by Angie and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Fire up the grill! These tasty kabobs, threaded with marinated mushrooms, bacon-wrapped chicken and chunks of fresh pineapple, are a quick and yummy way to savor the lazy days of summer.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 green onions, minced
- 10 large mushrooms, cut in half
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound sliced thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, canola oil, and green onions. Place the mushrooms and chicken into the mixture, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon, and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Alternate with mushroom halves and pineapple chunks.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange skewers on the prepared grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, brushing occasionally with remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 241cal
- total fat: 12.4g
- cholesterol: 44mg
- sodium: 839mg
- carbohydrates: 15.2g
- fiber: 1g
- protein: 18g
Cooking Time: 20 min.
1 hour 45 min.