Chicken A La King Casserole
Originally submitted by Sara and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Transform this easy and elegant entree into a creamy casserole for dinner tonight. This classic blend of creamy chicken, peas, mushrooms, sweet pepper and onion is topped with buttermilk biscuits for a delicious crowd-pleasing dinner.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups cubed skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
- 1-1/2 cups green peas
- 1-1/2 cups canned mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup cooked, sliced carrots
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, then pour in broth and let thicken, stirring. Add chicken, peas, mushrooms, carrots, onion and bell pepper. Mix together and bring to a boil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour chicken mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Place refrigerated biscuits over top and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until biscuits are done.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 411cal
- total fat: 12.7g
- cholesterol: 69mg
- sodium: 1182mg
- carbohydrates: 47.6g
- fiber: 5g
- protein: 26.8g
Cooking Time: 35 min.
Ready In: 45 min.