Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Originally submitted by Cindy and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
A favorite of the backpack crowd, these chewy cookies blend crunchy cornflakes with equal measures of peanut butter, butterscotch and chocolate for rave reviews every time.
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup and white sugar. Bring to a boil, boil for one minute, and remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until well blended. Mix in cereal until evenly coated. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- In a glass bowl in the microwave, or using a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, stirring frequently until smooth. Drizzle on the top of the cookies.
Servings per Recipe: 36
- calories: 152cal
- total fat: 6.4g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- sodium: 76mg
- carbohydrates: 22.6g
- fiber: 0.8g
- protein: 2.4g
Ready In: 55 min.