Originally submitted by Tracy Stallard and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
This tender tortellini is tossed in a mouthwatering marinara sauce, slow simmered with ground beef and Italian sausage and sprinkled with a blend of cheeses. Pass around the crusty bread for soaking up the tasty sauce left on your plate.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated or fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Crumble the ground beef and Italian sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain.
- Combine the ground meats, marinara sauce, mushrooms, and tomatoes in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on LOW heat for 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the tortellini, and sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top. Cover and cook for 15 more minutes on LOW, or until the tortellini is tender.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 538cal
- total fat: 34g
- cholesterol: 103mg
- sodium: 1125mg
- carbohydrates: 30.1g
- fiber: 3.3g
- protein: 27g
8 hours 15 min.
8 hours 30 min.
Try it With: