Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Originally submitted by Lee and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Creamy chicken soup surrounds chunks of chicken, shredded cheese and rice in this bubbly bake that crisps up to golden perfection. Do the prep work the night before and top with bread cubes just before you pop it in the oven.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 slices soft white bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, place in a microwave-safe dish, cover and cook in microwave for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and cook another 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Let cool.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish, combine chicken, rice and soup and mix well. Top with cheese, then with bread cubes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and bread is crunchy.
Servings per Recipe: 5
- calories: 465cal
- total fat: 20.4g
- cholesterol: 107mg
- sodium: 903mg
- carbohydrates: 30.3g
- fiber: 0.7g
- protein: 37.6g
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Ready In: 45 min.