Cheddar Cheese Balls
Originally submitted by Debbie Russell and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
These delightful deep-fried bites of melted Cheddar cheese, pecans and bread crumbs are smothered in a spiced tomato sauce and baked to golden perfection for tasty cocktail party fare.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together pecans, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, and onion. Shape into golf ball size balls.
- Heat oil in an electric deep fryer or heavy saucepan to 365 degrees F ( 170 degrees C). Add cheese balls to hot oil, and fry until brown. Fry in batches to maintain oil temperature. Transfer to an 8 inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together tomato juice, tomato soup, and cumin. Cover cheese balls with sauce. Sprinkle additional cheese on top, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 497cal
- total fat: 36.9g
- cholesterol: 202mg
- sodium: 668mg
- carbohydrates: 26.8g
- fiber: 3.2g
- protein: 17.6g