Original Kaboose.com recipe by Kathy Beymer, plus additional food styling and photography by Christine Porretta and Brittany Carr
Average User Rating:
These pretty popsicles in patriotic red and blue are a refreshing way to celebrate the Fourth of July. Made with a colorful combination of gelatin and Kool-Aid, these frozen pops make a simple summertime treat.
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) red gelatin (e.g., Jell-O)
- 1 pkg. red Kool-Aid (2 quart size)
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) blue gelatin (e.g., Jell-O)
- 1 pkg. blue Kool-Aid (2 quart size)
- 4 cups hot water; divided
- 4 cups cold water; divided
- Ice pop molds
- Mix red ingredients together. Add 2 cups hot water and stir. Add 2 cups cold water and stir. Pour into molds.
- Mix blue ingredients together. Add 2 cups hot water and stir. Add 2 cups cold water and stir. Pour into molds.
- Put in freezer to harden
- Save remainder in covered containers in refrigerator. You can even add the remainder to ice cube trays.
- Hand out to children alternating red and blue popsicles! Enjoy!